Directions to Ross Castle
Please note: This is Ross Castle in Oldcastle, county Meath - NOT Ross Castle in Killarney !
To get to Ross Castle from Dublin:
- Take the N3 to Kells
- From there proceed on the the R 163, which turns into the R 154 to Oldcastle
- proceed through the village going west towards Mount Nugent on the R154.
- In the centre of Mount Nugent turn left at the Drapers shop and follow the road ( L 7081 ) to the village of Ross.
- You will pass Sheelin Nursing home on your left and pass over a small, narrow bridge with Lough Sheelin on your right.
- Proceed up the hill and after 300 yards on top you come to a cross road with a signpost for Ross Castle; turn right for the castle. Follow the laneway to the end, where the tower will guide your way to the parking lot.
Click here to see the Ross Castle location on the map of your mobile device.