Please note: This is Ross Castle in Oldcastle, county Meath - NOT Ross Castle in Killarney !
To get to Ross Castle from Dublin:
- Take the N3 to Kells
- From there proceed on the the R 163, which turns into the R 154 to Oldcastle
- proceed through the village going west towards Mount Nugent on the R154.
- In the centre of Mount Nugent turn left at the Drapers shop and follow the road ( L 7081 ) to the village of Ross.
- You will pass Sheelin Nursing home on your left and pass over a small, narrow bridge with Lough Sheelin on your right.
- Proceed up the hill and after 300 yards on top you come to a cross road with a signpost for Ross Castle; turn right for the castle. Follow the laneway to the end, where the tower will guide your way to the parking lot.