The Quarry House dates from 1850 and was built by the Ahern brothers, who had walked the entire way from Cork to seek their fortune. Owners of the limestone quarry opposite – from which the house takes its name – at the height of their business the pair employed up to 100 workers, who in turn were stonemasons on many of the local churches and as far afield as St Patrick’s College in Cavan.
This history rich house has recently been fully renovated. Its 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, spacious dining and living room and modern kitchen form a fitting base for excursions across Ireland.
Situated on 0.6 acres about 200 meters away from Ross Castle, in the heart of Ireland, this ancient house with modern conveniences offers privacy, or it can serve as an extension to the castle and cottage down the lane-way.